I got this photo idea from my Elvis calendar. Elvis is in his Army uniform, but up against an awesome looking building. I bet you never knew that I was an elvis freak! Josh was reluctant to take the picture, but I am glad he did.
I would have to say that this is my favorite picture. He gave them a really good talk and then took them through the routine of "presenting arms", you can see the pride in their eyes.
Lining up and making sure that all his unit is there. Josh is so excited (not really) to be Platoon Leader.
Patiently waiting for the bus to come shuttle him to the runway. This was taken in our last 10 minutes together.
"LAST GOOD-BYE" Instead of saying our good-byes by all the others, Josh walked us to our car and we had a quick personal good-bye. It was the hardest thing to watch him just walk away, and I was just sitting there like, "No, come back. What's going to happen? When will I hear from you? Are you going to be okay?" It really hit when I looked over to Jaycie and tears were pouring down her face. She looked me in the eyes, and chocked out "I don't want dad to leave." Yep, I lost it. I was blinded with tears for a few minutes and then we drove away. Yup, that's all I could do was just drive away. It was a long 45 minute ride home.
10 comments:
Thanks for the tear jerker. Those pictures are priceless, especially the one of the kids saluting him...so cute! Any time you need a break give me a call I would love to take the kids so you can get a pedicure or take a bath! Let me know.
It makes me cry just reading it. I'm so proud of you and Josh, you guys are awesome. I'll call you later so we can figure out our week.
You are so brave. I wish I lived closed because then we could be alone together, that always makes it easier. Call us anytime, if you just want to talk.
You are so strong! Please let me know if we can have the girls over for a playdate. Even Callen could come and play with Jeffrey for a while. I feel like such a sissy because my husband was gone for 3 weeks and I thought it was the hardest thing ever! We will definately need to plan another girls night out! By the way, don't you have a birthday coming up? Happy Birthday!
Cami Jo you just amaze me. I can't believe he is gone. You, Car and Deb need to come down for a girls weekend so we can party it up. You are all more then welcome to stay here anytime. Please don't hesitate to ask. I miss you guys tons and I absolutely love the picture of the kids lined up. They are so darn cute. Love you guys! Give your kids squeezes from us.
Cami I found your blog by chance but I am so glad I did. The pics of Josh leaving are so touching. I for one am so grateful to him and all of the brave men and women serving this country. Please tell him thank you from one grateful American.
Wow, Cami, I feel so grateful to be related to you. I can relate somewhat, as I have 5 children and raised them often by myself. I can see you have a lot of the courageous Sarah Sturdevant Leavitt blood coursing through your veins. (Please visit her statue in Santa Clara and see the busts of her 7 children if you haven't lately.) Hooray for Josh! You are both such wonderful examples to the rest of us. My love and prayers are with you all.
Cuz Pete
Oh Cami! You are so amazing! I had no idea that Josh was leaving again till I got your email the other day. You guys are stock piling your points in heaven for sure! Stay strong & know we are praying for you both! :0)
Cami.....link to my blog, and then to Becky Evans blog. She has a sweet tribute to Josh. It gave me goosebumps.
Cami, I just found your blog. You are absolutly amazing! Thank you for sharing the sweet pictures. We will be sure to keep Josh in our prayers! If you ever need ANYTHING feel free to call me anytime.
Post a Comment