Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Defending the Caveman

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?clipId1=2810960&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Air+Force+Squadron+Ready+for+Deployment&d1=137034&redirUrl=www.lasvegasnow.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv&rnd=24058084 Josh and I got to go to Defending the Caveman at the Golden Nugget with his squadron. It was a really good show about the differences between men and women. It was hilarious. I just wish the f-bomb hadn't been used. The comedian was such a nice guy. We got pictures taken with him, and he just let us hang out with him on the set. Josh was asked if he wouldn't mind getting interviewed after the show, so we waited after for that. The next thing I knew they were putting a mic on me. I didn't know it was for the both of us. I did the interview and then next I knew Josh was talking into another camera. Again, shocked, I was sitting down in front of another camera being asked questions. I was a nervous reck trying to answer hard and personal questions about Josh deploying with a bright light in my face. I felt I was being interigated. Of course you can always think of a better answer after you were done. Well, a couple of hours later, I was at dinner with my family and my brother mentions that it was a news crew for channel 3. WHAT?????? Didn't know that. Then they proceed to tell me the second interview was for channel 8, and that the interviews were going to be on the news at 11:00. WHAT? I wanted to rewind the day and do it all over again. A funny note about after the interview, they had us staged to walk out of the show room together. Just before, Kevin Burke, the comedian, came up to me and told me he couldn't believe the questions they were asking me. He said it sounded like they were trying to make me cry. He was referring to the question, "So Cami, do you think that it will be harder for you for Joshua being gone a second time? Kevin was hysterical, "No lady, it won't be hard with my five kids. 'So then tell me Cami, is this 5th deployment going to be hard for you?' " He just thought it was a dumb question that's all. He was sitting there the whole time I got interviewed by both news crews. He then helped me primp for the "staged" get away. He fluffed my hair and straightened my bangs. That is why I am cracking up walking out. And what is with the close up? It makes my eyes look weird. After the cameras were done with us, a dream came true of mine. We got to go into Frank Sinatra's dressing room. It was pretty cool. I have been a Sinatra and Elvis fan for as long as I can remember. So between going to Graceland January '07, and now Sinatra's dressing room, I'm pretty happy. Me, Jaycie and Calin outside of Elvis' home at Graceland.

Frank Sinatra's Dressing Room - His "Lounge". This is where is entertained all the greats like Sammy Davis Jr. and the rest of the Rat Pack. This room is seperate from his actual private dressing room and bathroom. We were told that they renovated the rooms to be exactly the way it was when he used them. All except the toilet. He used a gold one, it is now black. I'll post the other pictures that the show took of us when I get them.

No comments: