April 6th was a huge day for us. We got to go to Nellis AFB to await the North West Airliner to land and deliver a special package. After about a 45 minute wait after the plane landed, we finally saw the sea of red hats coming toward us. 300 men and woman from the REDHORSE unit returned from SouthEast Asia from a long seven month tour. They completed so many projects it would be hard to list them all here. They are amazing at their jobs and valiant in their efforts in sacrificing to work so far away. The screaming was deafening as all of us family members and friends welcomed home our heroes.
After 7 months apart, Josh has finally come home. He spent half his time in Iraq and the second half in Qatar. He doesn't give himself enough credit, but he does work hard and sometimes 20 hours a day 6 days a week. He definitely deserve some R&R. (So far, after being home two weeks, I haven't seen him rest or relax. He's fixed cars, finished our driveway, and "re-doing" our whole back yard, gone to park multiple times, and in a constant wrestling or tickling war with the kids. There isn't more than 20 minutes that will go by where he doesn't have a kid hanging on him or on his shoulders. Sometimes he's got all 5 of them on him at once. I just sit back, smile and say, "welcome home!"
The kids were so happy to see their dad. They couldn't stop staring at him. I was nervous that Marlie wouldn't be comfortable with Josh, but as you can see in the picture, she was attached at first glance. She had just turned 4 months when he left, so she did a lot of growing.
To this day, I don't think I have really had 5 minutes alone with him. Every time we sit down to plan a trip or even the day, we are interrupted and never get to finish our conversation. Hopefully one of these days things will get back to "normal".
Thank you to everyone for all your support while he was away. Just know when you need me, I've always got your back too! Love you all and God Bless. = )
After 7 months apart, Josh has finally come home. He spent half his time in Iraq and the second half in Qatar. He doesn't give himself enough credit, but he does work hard and sometimes 20 hours a day 6 days a week. He definitely deserve some R&R. (So far, after being home two weeks, I haven't seen him rest or relax. He's fixed cars, finished our driveway, and "re-doing" our whole back yard, gone to park multiple times, and in a constant wrestling or tickling war with the kids. There isn't more than 20 minutes that will go by where he doesn't have a kid hanging on him or on his shoulders. Sometimes he's got all 5 of them on him at once. I just sit back, smile and say, "welcome home!"
The kids were so happy to see their dad. They couldn't stop staring at him. I was nervous that Marlie wouldn't be comfortable with Josh, but as you can see in the picture, she was attached at first glance. She had just turned 4 months when he left, so she did a lot of growing.
To this day, I don't think I have really had 5 minutes alone with him. Every time we sit down to plan a trip or even the day, we are interrupted and never get to finish our conversation. Hopefully one of these days things will get back to "normal".
Thank you to everyone for all your support while he was away. Just know when you need me, I've always got your back too! Love you all and God Bless. = )
7 comments:
Welcome home Josh and thanks for your service! And Cami you are a trooper! I would have loved to see your kids when he flew in. Everytime I see troops come home on the news it brings me to tears. You are all amazing!
YAAAAY!!! Welcome home, Josh! Your service is so very appreciated.
WE are so happy that he is home. YOu are both such troopers to be able to handle this. Love you guys.
Congrats! I am so happy he is home safe & sound-make sure you tell him we said 'hi & thanks for his service'. What a man! :0) I bet the kids can't get enough daddy time...:0)
How inspiring!!! You survived, and I am so glad you've got your hubby back!!! How was camping?
Cami I am so happy for you and your family. Just think if you survived this challenge you can do anything! I miss you guys and I am glad to hear you are doing good.
I love the pics! I am so glad he is home. I bet it is so nice!
Post a Comment